Thursday, April 20, 2006

Coudy Bay Chardonnay 2003


Another wine from the famous Cloudy Bay stable. this is the less well known, and less in demand Chardonnay. Drunk older than the Sauvignon this is pretty decent stuff - I've certainly drunk a lot of much worse Chardonnay's in my time (not that it would be difficult). This is full bodied and has aromas of honey, tropical fruits and almonds and buttery flavours of tropical fruits and just a touch of minerality to give it some balance and finess. Certainly a step up from many New World Chardonnays and perhaps another one for the ABC crowd to give a whirl. Yet despite all that - it doesn't have me really excited, I don't feel as if I've been reunited with a long lost friend, nor do I feel like I've met someone who will be a lifelong friend - rather I've met a pleasant person on a train who I'd speak to again, but would not go out of my way to see! Available from www.oxfordwine.co.uk

No comments: