Saturday, January 06, 2007

Argentinian Wine Archives

I haven't got a great deal of experience of Argentinian wine, and these tasting notes come from my first ever wine journal - the first time I started to try and record what I was drinking and whether I liked it - hence the notes are neither very detailed or indeed particularly good - but they will at least give you some idea of whether to trust something or not! Of course my palate is now more tuned and my tastes have changed a little as I've started to drink better wine - so I'm almost embarrassed to publish these -but for the sake of completeness!

Argento Malbec 2001 (25/12/03)
Very decent Malbec for less that £5, a definite winter warmer of a wine with blackfruit, cinnamon and nutmeg and an oaky, earthy backdrop. Very full bodfied with well integrated tannins. (84)

Picuan Peak Bonarda 2003 (2/3/2004)
Oh dear! A complete disaster of a wine! (65)

Finca Las Higueras Pinot Grigio 2003 (14/05/04)
Grapes and lychees on the nose, over ripe melon, peach and apricot on the palate - a summery wine - deep and smooth. (82)

No comments: